You are here: Ajera Help (A-Z) > Year-end > Prepare government forms > About Form 1099

About Form 1099-MISC

Form 1099-MISC is the government form you use to report payments made in the course of a trade or business to another person or business who is not an employee. The form is required when payments of $10 or more in gross royalties or $600 or more in rents or services are paid. Your firm must provide the form to the IRS and to the person or business that received the payment. You must print Copy A to a preprinted form

When you set up a vendor, review the information on the 1099 Info tab.

Form 1096

This form summarizes all your Form 1099-MISCs. If you file by paper, use Form 1096 to transmit your Form 1099s to the IRS. You must print Form 1096 to the red form. If you file electronically, Deltek's filing partner Nelco prepares and files Form 1096 for you.

More information

For the most complete and up-to-date information regarding Form 1099, contact the IRS or your financial consultant.

See also

Preparing 1099 forms to print

Printing 1099 forms

Filing 1099 forms electronically



© 2015 Deltek Inc. All rights reserved.